Wednesday

Land Fish.


This is something I wrote about 3 years ago.


land fish.
Sometimes I wonder about the possibility of a personality being hypocritical.
Torn between the earth and it's shores, forever reaching for the clouds, with many hopes of sitting upon them, I push my heels further into the ground I find myself standing on.
How I got to be standing, this I do not know.

Addictive and unstable, compulsive and forgetful. Give me a fucking cigarette and I'll either smoke it to the filter or toss it to the ground, wishing it didn't pollute me or this earth.

Torn between indecision and constant confusion, anxiety takes it's place where a heart used to be. It beats like a heart, only faster and nervously. Not slowly, rhythmically, romantically....

There is no yearning for such things of importance. And yet, in the darkness of the night, or under the suffocating sun, the ice melts around my feet threatening to expose me and my body's warmth to the cold water underneath.

The fish in their homes would not be fooled. For they have been watching all along, through the layers of ice. Only they can breath under water. They watch while I can't.